Procedure for Obtaining a Visible Spectrum
Sign log book.
2. Turn on monitor. Program selector screen should appear.
3. Using the arrow keys, enter Operator Name if desired. If not, go to General Scanning and hit enter.
4. Using the function keys, hit F7 User Menu to turn on the lamp.
5. Using the arrow keys, go to Lamp On/Off, hit enter, followed by Y for yes. This will turn on the lamp. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Be patient. The Lamp light will come on on the instrument when ready.
6. Check the wavelength range. F4 allows you to change the acquisition range if needed.
7. Place blank in the sample holder, aligning the clear windows with the optical path (video).
8. Measure the blank by hitting the F2 key.
9. Remove the blank, and place the sample in the sample holder.
10. Measure sample by hitting the F1 key.
11. Mark peaks if desired by hitting F2 key (cursor).
12. To print a spectrum, hit F9 for hardcopy. Highlight Print Spectrum and hit enter. When finished printing, hit ESC.
13. When finished, F10 returns to the acquisition screen. Turn off lamp, by hitting F7 and using the arrow keys, go to Lamp On/Off, hit enter, followed by Y for yes. This will turn off the lamp.
14. F10 will exit the program, hit enter.
15. Turn off the monitor only. Leave the computer on. Sign out in the log book.
CHEM4204 Experiment list